Book One: The Wyrdweaver
Debra Murphy’s foremost fictional work-in-progress is a series of five Science Fantasy novels set in the near future of the Pacific Northwest. (Working title: The War of the Grail Hallows.)
Book One of the series is The Wyrdweaver:
The Norse call it “Wyrd.”
Other cultures call it Karma. Providence. Destiny. Fate.Whatever you call it, it’s about to change for a diverse group of preternaturally gifted young people struggling to make their lives in a world grown increasingly catastrophic since the unexplained event known as “the Eclipse”:
- a lightning-struck British war veteran and grad student with a target on his back
- a gifted Empath who can read souls, except the one planning to kill her
- a silver-eyed covert operative assigned to infiltrate a secret lodge whose goal is to raise an Aryan empire in the Pacific Northwest.
- An apprentice Mage determined to come into his own by invoking the power of the Sun.
- a Native American homicide detective and his nephew, a privileged bi-cultural federal agent with a gift for leadership and a secret dream: to resurrect his “extinct” tribe.
Many have died for the artifact. Some will kill for it. And it will change the course of the future—a future known only to an ancient woman known only as The Wyrdweaver.