Books one and two of Debra Murphy’s planned Tree of Life Grail series are The Eclipse and The Rune Grail. The stories are set in the near future of the Pacific Northwest.
The Norse call it “Wyrd.” Other cultures call it Karma. Providence. Destiny. Fate.Whatever you call it, it’s about to change for a diverse group of preternaturally gifted young people struggling to make their lives in a world grown increasingly catastrophic since the unexplained event known as “the Eclipse”:
- a lightning-struck British war veteran and grad student with a target on his back
- a gifted bi-cultural Empath who can read souls, except the one planning to kill her
- a silver-eyed covert operative assigned to infiltrate a secret lodge whose goal is to raise an Aryan empire in the Pacific Northwest.
- An apprentice Mage determined to come into his own by invoking the power of the Sun.
- a Native American homicide detective and his privileged nephew, a special agent and expert in hate crimes, who has taken on the seemingly impossible task of resurrecting his “extinct” tribe.
Many have died for it. Some will kill for it. And it will change the course of the future—a future known only to an ancient woman known only as The Wyrdweaver.